Just a quick note to let folks know that I and some students are sponsoring a ONE Campaign on World AIDS Day, December 1. This Friday in College Hour (chapel) at Fresno Pacific University we will be giving a presentation entitled, “AIDS, Africa and U2: I Am A Witness, What Can I Do?” (See the editorial by Bono that I'm referencing here.)
Our time will include:
- A video presentation of Bono’s speech at the National Prayer Breakfast
- A brief examination of Luke 3:7-14 (“What should we do?”)
- A discussion of the church’s neglect of the AIDS issue
- A clip from the Vertigo concert (“the journey of equality moves on”)
- A silent response
- A corporate liturgical prayer
Immediately following the chapel students from my class, Theology, Culture and U2, will be handing out literature and taking sign ups for the ONE Campaign (complete with ONE wristbands).
If you are in the area, feel free to join us. If you cannot make it, please consider signing the ONE Declaration below in honor of World AIDS Day.
I’ll be giving a similar presentation at the M.B. Biblical Seminary on Wednesday, December 6, 11:45-12:30. You are welcome to join this chapel as well.
Fresno Pacific University
1717 S. Chestnut
Fresno, CA 93702
Presentation will be in the Butler Church Sanctuary